So, you want to know how passive income seekers can earn money through blogging, well let me tell you, it’s not a quick get rich scheme, and if that’s what you are expecting, you are in the wrong place. Earning money through blogging takes time, effort, dedication, and patience.
In my article on how passive income seekers can earn money through blogging: it’s not a quick get rich scheme; we will look into how others are earning extra income but first, let’s see what passive income is all about.
Not sure what Passive Income is about?
According to Bankrate, passive income is about earning an income through side hustling, which can be a bonus during times of hardship. You don’t have to quit your job while you are building your extra security for retirement because building passive income covers many options:
- Selling products or information
- Rental properties
- Affiliate Marketing
- Flip retail products
- Create a blog
- Develop a YouTube channel
- So much more
The focus of my research into how passive income seekers can earn money through blogging. Apparently, all you need to do is save your posts to your website and letting them sit. Many beginner bloggers think that they can get rich quickly, but this belief is so unrealistic; any source of passive income requires planning, preparation, time and patience.
Income Seekers Blog their way to passive income
Once you put in the effort, you can start to gain traffic; you will, in time, start to earn money while you are sleeping. This is how passive income seekers make extra income long term.
How blogs can generate passive income
Before delving too deep into how your blog can generate income, let’s look at a couple of questions that you need to answer.
- What is your post going to be about?
- Are you going to share information?
- What tools do you think your readers will find helpful?
So you think you need some inspiration, so why not check out what other bloggers are doing to generate freebies. Below I have included a list of suggestions to get you started.
Personal templates and checklists
Twinsmommy.com suggests that a lead magnet is needed as an incentive to get your readers to sign up to your email list; in turn, they will receive something for free.
Something for Free Ideas
To succeed, you need to identify a lead magnet to get results. So how does this work? There are a few guidelines for you to follow.
- Solve your audience problems, focus on an opt-in that is common and offers a solution
- Use the KISS method (Keep it simple stupid). It needs to solve your customer’s problem in a simple way.
- Make sure your audience can access your lead immediately
- Make it relevant
- High quality
- Budgeting tools
- Budgeting trackers
- Guidebook containing travel tips and places to eat
Sell physical items related to your niche without holding inventory; the company will have the item until you tell them where to ship the item(s).
Sharing Your Knowledge
If you have a skill, expert or knowledge on a topic, you can write a great deal and share your information. You could create an eBook which is an evergreen product that you can sell and promote over the years.
- You can also access Pat Flynn’s Book Publishing Cheat Sheet.
- eBooks are very popular, and you can show first-time users your business. This will promote trust and integrity.
- People love quizzes such as Trivia or knowledge quizzes
Earning Money Through Blogging
Promote products that you use in your home
You often use products within your home or at work that you love, or you are passionate about, so why not write about them and join an affiliate program and create links on your blog to lead your readers to take action and purchase the product. Once you have made the sale, you will earn a commission. Some examples of promoting products within your home can be
- Security web cams
- Online video games
- Sewing machines
The above suggestions are just some ideas, and there are tons more.
When you share knowledge and tips on your blogs, have you ever thought about developing a teaching platform course and selling it to your readers? Here are some ideas
- Sewing courses
- Knitting courses
- Computer courses
- Craft courses
- Photography courses
- The list is endless
Self Help and lifestyle
You can help your readers push boundaries to make meaningful changes to their lives.
Other ideas include
- Free Video Tutorials
- Check out what’s trending in Google
- Bullet Journaling
Some examples of websites that make money online in today’s Market
When you look at their websites, you will learn a lot about how they construct their business.
John Lee Dumas
Started his website in October 2012. John’s marketing niche is Entrepreneurship, Online business and podcasting, and he makes his money through podcasting and branding.
Pat Flynn’s started his online business in 2008. His marketing niche is called Smart Passive Income; he focuses on entrepreneurship, online business and Podcasting. Pat earns his money by creating multiple sources of income, such as Podcasts and YourTube Channel.
Michelle Gardner started her website in 2011; her marketing niche is frugal lifestyle and savings, for which she has received several awards and mentions. Michelle earns her money by helping other people to reduce their debt and earn income.
Lindsay’s started her online site in 2014; her marketing niche, as you can very well guess, is about cooking and food photography. Lindsay earns money through photography and courses.
Justin’s marketing niche is Internet Marketing which he started when he purchased in 2013 SoOverThis. He makes his money through Advertising, using Ad sales display ads such as banners and private ad revenues.
How passive income seekers earn money through blogging: The Benefits
- It helps them to earn extra money to improve their financial stability
- Don’t have to rely on their boss to provide them with an income
- Achieve their goals financially for retirement
- Allows them to have more freedom to follow their dreams and passions
- Earn extra income from anywhere, on holidays, at home, overseas.
- Ability to create more income
- To reduce stress
- Recognition for their expertise
- Continue to learn more to enhance their knowledge
- Adds additional authority to their website
- Become an authoritarian on their niche
- Easy to build your website and get started
- Increase traffic and get more followers
The cons faced by passive income seekers
- Need to write lots of content
- Requires constant updates on your blogs
- Need to engage your audience
- It takes a lot of time to build trust and credibility
- It can add stress and worry when there is no income to be earned
- You have to be patient
- If you are not a member of some community network, it can be a very lonely place
- Can cost money
Your main goal is to earn money while blogging about your passion and sharing information with your audience. Yes, it can happen, but you must have a plan of action. Whatever you choose to do, make sure you select something worthwhile for your audience to drive traffic to your website.
Take your time to think about what your readers would like to experience from your Blog and remember passive income seekers need to commit without thinking they will get rich quickly.
“Possibilities are endless.”
To learn more, you can access some of my other posts
If you have any questions about this post’s content, please leave a comment below. I would love to hear what you think about the article.