Searching for information on how to become a successful affiliate marketer online is not that difficult. There is a plethora of information that you can read before deciding whether affiliate marketing is for you.
“I’m tired of chasing shiny objects. Today I am committing to becoming a Successful Affiliate Marketer because I know it gives me the best chance at financial freedom. By leveraging other people’s proven products and processes, I can start faster and scale with less resistance. I deserve financial freedom and even though I know building a business takes work, I will see it through.” – Brian Brewer
I would add to this: I am doing this to help others succeed in their marketing journey. What can I provide of value to solve their pain points and problems? – Roysinonline
Why not Affiliate Marketing?
As an affiliate marketer myself, I see many people try affiliate marketing during a trial period and pack it all in soon after, mainly because they have not done any research or given it a chance.
There are many other reasons why a person may not go any further into affiliate marketing, and while I researched this topic myself. I found money was at the top of the list in my comments. Yes, Money! After that, there is a list of other reasons which you can read about further.
So, you are thinking about affiliate marketing, and you are a beginner, and you want to find some information on how to become a successful affiliate marketer online. This article will show you the steps on how to be successful in affiliate marketing.
Your Role as an Affiliate Marketer Online
When you first establish your business and become an affiliate marketer, your role is to promote other people’s or company products or services. When you make a sale, you will earn a small commission. There are other tasks involved; a few are listed below:
- Create blogs that are content-rich and are intended for their website
- Promote niche products in their posts
- Write product reviews
- Share posts to social media to attract more traffic
- Create more leads to an affiliate link
Your Responsibilities as an affiliate marketer
Below are a few responsibilities that you will encounter on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. There are many more responsibilities that include:
- Build networks
- get more visitors
- Earn money by making sales
- Establish strong relationships with your audience
- Keep up-to-date on marketing trends
- Keep your bookkeeping current for tax time
- Generate ROI on campaigns
- Track analytics and codes
Strategies on becoming a successful Affiliate Marketer Online
There are advantages of implementing affiliate marketing strategies online that help you becoming a successful affiliate marketer. Working from home online is not easy, and it requires time, dedication, persistence and patience. However, through your efforts and hard work, you can become a successful affiliate marketer.
Do you feel ready to get into affiliate marketing online?
As a newbie, it is natural to feel insecure about affiliate marketing; many of us do go through various stages of fear of what others might think about what we’re doing. Affiliate marketing can be a lonely occupation, therefore we become afraid of the unknown, and we begin to fear change.
S1. Choosing an Affiliate marketing platform
There are plenty of affiliate marketing platforms globally; the one you choose depends on what you want to do. When I did my research, I researched various platforms, and I found many did not fit my needs. Because I wanted
- to create my own website and own it outright
- a learning platform that teaches you how to do affiliate marketing successfully.
I chose Wealthy Affiliate because it suited all my needs to become a successful affiliate marketer.
S2. Finding your unique niche
When you first start affiliate marketing you will find you need to
- Evaluate your hobbies, passions and skills.
- Find out is there a market for your chosen niche
- Check to see if you can narrow down your niche
- Check to see how much competition you will encounter
- Do keyword research using a free keyword research tool for a limited called Jaaxy.
It essential you choose a product that you can passionately write plenty about.
Concentrating on one niche at a time is essential to your success. I often hear new members asking this question, Can I create 2 to 3 websites with different product niches? In my opinion, I would concentrate on one chosen product, stick with it and you will become successful. You will have created credibility and show your readers you are an expert in your market niche.
S3. Writing quality Content
Your key to success when you become an affiliate marketer will be to start blogging as a beginner; this can be a daunting task at first. Write about your product and show how knowledgeable and passionate you are about your favourite niche
- Hook your readers from the beginning
- Write reviews for your visitors of different types of products in your niche.
- Show your visitors the benefits of using the product, how it works
- Show your visitors you are experienced in using this product
- Show them how they can purchase the product that you recommend
- Write Quality information and approach your article from a unique angle
- Ask yourself are you writing for a younger generation or seniors
- Please keep it simple and use an engaging, conversational tone
- Call to Action
- Answer your reader’s questions
- Please find out about your visitors, what are they looking for
- Keep your language simple, don’t Use Jargon
- Use shorter paragraphs
- Ask your readers a question for them to think about and provide a comment.
Focus on providing helpful information, not selling.
There is nothing worse than someone trying to push a sale on your while you are browsing. This never goes down well for visitors.
It’s always best to be helpful and provide information that has the quality and is useful to them so that they will want to return. If you want your site to rank well, it is a good idea to use a range of terms for your niche.
S4. Keyword Research Tool for Affiliate Marketing
There are several keyword tools on the Internet where you can research your competition in regional and global areas, search volume, matching keyword phrases to name a few
My favourite is Jaaxy; it’s a great research tool for anyone in marketing. As a beginner finding keywords can be daunting. As you progress, you will learn more about Jaaxy
S5. Getting to know your Audience
One of the main tasks you will have to do is to get to know your audience; who will your target audience be.
- What do people care about when they read your posts?
- What tone and voice should you use?
- Get to understand how your audience thinks.
- Research and review trending information such as data and analytics
- Create your buyer personas
- Check out your competitors
- Conduct a survey
- Read product feedback and comments
- Experiment with your products and services
==To find our more about your audience goto the Hubspot ==
S6. Finding Affiliate programs
Once you have written between 15 to 20 blogs, it’s a good idea to choose a few affiliate programs with a range of merchants suitable for your niche.
There are many of these affiliate programs are found in Jaaxy and on Google.
S.7 Attracting traffic (Audience/visitors)
- Use a conversational tone when you discuss your niche in your blog
- Allow for comments, answer your guests’ comments, strike a conversation with them; they will return to continue discussing the topic.
- Putting some questions at the end of your blog, such as
- “What other factors should be included.”
- “Would you like more information on this topic?
- “Tell us your opinion!”
Questions and statements will help foster interaction with your visitors. Attracting more visitors of like-minded people will return more often.
S8. Social Media
Once you start creating your posts you can share your links from your website to the following popular social media sites:
- FaceBook: largest social media site. Ideal for promoting your business, you can create a page for your business and add your website post inks and share with the public.
- YouTube: video-sharing platform, you can create a YouTube channel for your business, upload your videos, and visitors can subscribe to, like, comment or share.
- Pinterest: Great for finding new things, get inspirations, brand promotion for your business
- Instagram: photo and video sharing social media. Ideal for sharing your videos on your market niche
- Twitter: social media news site, entertainment, sports, politics and more
- Tik Tok: music, video and social network
- Reddit: Users can submit questions, access links and images, comment on them and vote.
- Linkedin: Professional social media site
Once you have added your links you will begin to build your brand, drive more traffic to your website and get sales.
To be a successful affiliate marketer online, your need to dedicate time, put in a lot of effort, and be patient. After all
“Procrastination if the thief of time”
Many affiliate marketers expect to make money immediately. Please do, but let us are realistic. It would be best to keep adding quality content to your site; the more you do, the more credibility you will earn.
S11. Test, edit and improve
When writing your blogs you need to be improving on them. Word length, different images, grammar, etc.
S12. Tracking your success
- What works
- Use your Google Analytics to track your visitors, which page is getting the most clicks, which links are getting clicked
- Where are your visitors coming from?
Use Google Analytics to find your answers for upcoming content ideas.
I leave you with a closing quote from Oprah Winfrey
” I started out giving thanks for small things, and the more thankful I became, the more my bounty increased. That’s because what you focus on expands, and when you focus on the goodness in your life you create more of it. Opportunities, relationships, even money flowed my way when I learned to be grateful no matter what happened in my life.”
My reviews are based on my personal own experience and research. I never recommend poor quality products or create false reviews to make sales. I intend to explain products to make an informed decision on which ones suit your needs best. If you have any questions about this post’s content, please leave a comment below. I would love to hear what you think about the article.