Making money in affiliate marketing is not that easy to do online. So, the question I often read is, Is affiliate marketing still a popular way to earn income? According to many affiliate marketer’s, it is one of the biggest and most popular ways to make an extra dollar.
One of the biggest reasons affiliate marketing has become popular is that you don’t have to store physical products at home, in the warehouse or shed. Also, you don’t even have to stand behind the counter to deal with disgruntled customers. Instead, you need to write content to match your market niche that you are passionate about to your target audience. For instance, you may love relaxation exercises such as Yoga. As such, you would write content on suitable clothing to wear when doing Yoga or on the best Yoga mats. Then you would direct your audience on where to buy these products through affiliate links.
Why Is Affiliate Marketing Still Popular?
Suppose you ask affiliate marketer influencers why affiliate marketing is the best business to be a part of, they probably will respond by saying it’s the number one choice for anyone wanting to get started with their online affiliate marketing business. Yes it’s popular.
What Does Affiliate Marketing Business Model Mean?
The affiliate business marketing model has been around for some time and is based on a business model that involves promoting products for other people or businesses. Once you make a definite sale, you will get a commission, and it’s that simple.
Is Affiliate Marketing Profitable?
Affiliate Marketing is a beautiful way to earn extra money and it has been around for quite some time. So, you work full time, well you don’t have to rush into your boss’s office to quit. You only need one or more hours per day to start getting established and start writing content. What are you waiting for? You can do this. Once you have your business earning
What You Need To Get Started?
What you need to get yourself started:
- A plan
- Set aside a few hours a day
- Set aside time for research
- Coffee, tea, juice or water
- Computer, or iPad, or iPhone or another mobile device
- Access to the internet
- Place at home, in fact anywhere, even a caravan
Do You Still Want To Get Started In Affiliate Marketing Today?
That’s great, so you want to get started. Today is the day. It’s so simple, and I wish to share with you the steps so you can plan to take advantage of my help. I have provided a list of steps to help you move forward.
- Decide on who will host your website. Some examples include
- Wealthy Affiliate
- Blue Host
Each has its cost, so it’s best to choose one that fits your overall budget
- Choose your niche, and it can be a hobby, sport, game, or fashion. The choice is yours, but you will need to write lots of content, so choose what you are most passionate about. In addition, if you have used any of the products or services that you love, it makes writing about the product so much easier. Writing an honest review is worth it because honest reviews help you gain more traffic to your website, and you will be viewed as trustworthy.
- Find affiliate programs such as Amazon, ClickBank, Commission Junction. You can also search Google using this formula Product + Affiliate Program. Google will come up with results for you to check out and sign up as an affiliate.
- Create quality content
- Increase traffic to your website for free through Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Reddit. You can even use ads to drive more traffic
What Are The Benefits of Owning Your Own Affiliate Marketing Business?
The opportunities are endless:
- It takes as many hours as you wish to put in to get started
- Earn extra money
- Affiliate Marketing has a great business model that is low risk and has minimal investment
- Try for free one of the platforms that will host your website (trial period) to get you started
- Upgrade to premium levels
- Work from home
- Choose your hours
- You don’t have to get dressed up in your corporate clothes to go to work, wear casuals or PJ’s
- Freedom to choose and do what you want
- You don’t have to make or store products in your home
- You don’t have to have inventory
- Anyone can start this business
- Some platforms such as Wealthy Affiliate will teach you how to get started
Disadvantages Of Not Starting Your Own Affiliate Marketing Business
- Lack of opportunity to see how successful you can be in affiliate marketing
- Miss out on promoting your favourite, for instance, hobby, kitchen gadget, or gardening tool
- Continue to rely on your boss for wages
- Stick to the monotonous tasks that you perform every day
- You have allowed friends, family and work colleagues to talk you down
Opportunities are endless, and the list of cons can also become never-ending unless you have faith in yourself to become successful at affiliate marketing.
Are There Any Helpful Tips For Earning Income?
There are many people out there who are low-income earners, struggling to make ends meet. Yet, many depend on unemployment benefit payouts to feed themselves or their families.
The middle-income earner gets by, and the rich keep getting richer, but in the end, we all dream of the day when financial freedom is a reality. So how do you become successful?
How Do We Strive To Become Successful In Affiliate Marketing?
For you to become successful depends on you and your mindset, and your desire to change.
You can work on your affiliate marketer from anywhere:
- Coffee shop
- Travelling the globe
Successful Affiliate Marketers at Wealthy Affiliate
Rather than reinventing the wheel on success stories, so I have included links so you can read about Wealthy Affiliate Success Stories here
Also, at Dear Boss iQuit by Eddy Salomon
Hustle Life, Wealthy Affiliate Success Stories 2021 by Jeremy Harrison
There you have it. Is affiliate marketing still a popular way to earn income? As you probably guessed, affiliate marketing is not a new idea. It will continue to be a popular way of earning extra income. You must be prepared to work hard to become successful. Quick get rich schemes? Not in Affiliate Marketing. It’s like with anything, and you must be patient, believe in yourself, have the commitment, write lots of content aim for the future.
If you want to learn more about Affiliate Marketing, you can access anyone of my posts through my links
If you have any questions about this post’s content, please leave a comment below I would love to hear what you think about the article.