Swagbucks, are they a Crooked Company, as some previous members have stated in the comments in Trust Pilot? It’s so easy to question the honesty and legitimacy of any organisation when previous members have not received payment or their rewards for all the hours of hard work they have done only to receive a meagre amount of money.
You only have to read comments on Trust Pilot to find out whether an organisation is crooked or not. But really, Who are they? What do they do? How does Swagbucks work?
Who are they?
FOUNDERS: Scott Dudelson & Josef Gorowits
CEO: Chuck Davis (May 2014)
IMPORTANT KEY PERSONS: Chuck Davis, Josef Gorowitz, Scott Dudelson and Eron Zehavi
BEEN IN BUSINESS: since 2008
TYPE OF SITE: Loyalty Program
PARENT COMPANY: Prodege
OPERATED BY: Prodege
LOCATION: based in El Segundo, California.
OVERALL RANK: 4.5 out of 5 (as of April 2, 2020)
Swagbucks – What they do
Swagbucks are an American rewards and loyalty awards program. As a member:
- Get paid online
- Number ways to make money
- Complete Surveys by offering your opinion about specific brands, products or services using Starbucks App
- Scan shopping receipts from grocery shopping, convenience stores, drug stores. Take a picture using your Starbucks App.
- Try product risk-free, sign up for promotional offers, leave reviews after testing, earn points, and maybe one time offer to earn money or save on the actual product. Examples of products include Hulu, Disney, StashInvestment, or Butcher Block, to name a few.
- Surf the web, shop online, watch videos or play games from Walmart, Best Buy, Home Depot, Target, Hotels.com, to name a few.
- Make Money Playing Games, popular, watch Swagbucks Live App. 4.8 out of 5-star rating.
- Watching Videos
Points are redeemable as gift cards or PayPal cash.
How to Join
- Free membership program
- Sign up with your email address and password
- Your account needs to be verified
- Start earning points
- Points reached are 300 SB you can redeem the points for gift cards or Paypal payments
3 Easy Steps
How Much Money Can Be Earned
At Swagbucks, you can earn up to $50 per survey. Some people make somewhere between $5- $10, and how much work you put in could be successful and earn between $400 to $12,000.
Swagbucks says this is a safe way for teenagers to make money online. And is guaranteed 100% legit.
THE GOOD AND THE BAD
- Great Site
- Pay well
- Great way to earn extra income
- Excellent customer service
- anyone from aged 13 and above can earn points
- Some customers say issues have not been fixed
- SB points may not be awarded
- Poor customer service
- Amount paid is very little for the effort put in
Who is Swagbucks For?
Swagbucks audience attracts a diverse range of people who are aged 13 and above. Swagbuck says they have paid out to members.
They assert they give out 7,000 gift cards every day.
Swagbucks are found around the world in countries such as:
- Australia sign up
How Swagbucks work – Tools and Training
Swagbucks work by
- earning SBs points
- payments made to your Pay Pal account
- Receiving Gift Cards
- Other features and alternative including Bonus offer if you reach your daily goals
Once you go into their site, they provide you with a 43-second video for you to watch, it’s a hook video to get you to sign up, but after watching it, I found it didn’t provide me with enough information about the program.
Once you have signed up you the enter the swagbucks.com website,
You will find after accessing their website available links in the footer of the page on:
- saving and earning money articles
- Learn about how it works and the gift cards
- Press release section where you can find out more about what is on offer
- The daily blog called “The Daily Swag.”
- Mobile Apps: Swagbucks App, Swagbucks Live, Swagbucks Watch, Movie Cli.ps, Sportly, Entertain Now, Swagbucks Mobile and Swagbucks Answer App 4 out of 5-star rating. Google Playstore has over 23,000 reviews. Apple App Store has 4.3 ratings with over 21,000 reviews.
They also have included an Extention called a Swag Button. This tool is ideal if you want to be notified about sales, coupons, cashback offers.
Swagbucks also have a range of links to connect you to some of their Top Stores where you can use Rewards All Gift Cards:
- Ali Express
- Cotton On
- City Chic
- JD Sports
- All Stores
Swagbucks also has other alternatives to earn income through:
- Coupons and Cashback
- Answer Surveys
- Discover Deals
Included on the website is accessibility to their Vital Information
- Do’s and Don’ts
Finally, you can have access to contact details
- Prodege, LLC
- Customer Support
- Advertise with us
- Press and Business
- Inquiries and Careers.
Once you become a member, you will need to do a profile of yourself so that other members through the Member Recognition Program can view who you are and out what activities you are involved in and your success on earning points.
During my Swagbucks search, I could not find anything regarding a community for its members to help one another or even a forum. However, I found access to their Facebook page to view reviews, feedback, questions, answers, and comments about Swagbucks’ customer service.
There is a good range of Gift Cards through on sale rewards, featuring gift cards and the most popular bonuses earned for yourself or your chosen charity, such as Save the Children, Breast Cancer Research Foundation, UNICEF and many more worthy causes.
Free to join, start earning points that are redeemable as gift cards or PayPal account.
My Final Opinion of Swagbucks
In my personal opinion, Swagbucks is 100% legit. It is a trendy website with many members. However, many users are dissatisfied with their customer support service. Some members have not received their rewards for hard work, and some have even been disqualified!
I was once involved in a similar program, and I found I put in a lot of long hours doing surveys, and I was being linked to third party surveys, which caused a lot of confusion for me as it kept timing out (maybe I was too slow) or the survey no longer existed.
Swagbucks offers an attractive reward system, and if you like doing surveys, then Swagbucks is probably the right choice.
Remember that making money by completing surveys can be difficult, to begin with as you spend endless hours for minimal financial benefit.
If you decide to join Swagbucks, I suggest setting up a separate email account through Gmail, Yahoo or some other email organisation for your surveys.
Finally, I would suggest downloading and installing a spam ware program such as anti-malware to protect you from landing on a spammy website.
Swagbucks at a Glance
Founders: Scott Dudelson & Josef Gorowits
Overall Scam Rank: 4.5 out of 5
VERDICT: LEGIT/NOT LEGIT
Yes, it is 100% legit
Affiliate Disclosure: Some of the links on my website contain affiliate links which means I make a small commission on purchases at no extra cost to you. To read my full disclosure thank you for taking an interest in my site and reading my posts.
If you have any questions about this post’s content, please leave a comment below. I would love to hear what you think about the article.