Creating strategies is an essential part of any online marketing business. But what are the advantages of implementing affiliate marketing strategies? Will they help to provide benefit to my business?
Implementing strategies is a lot of hard work, especially when promoting your business and product niche online. Driving traffic to your website and making sales can take time.
Will applying strategies help your business to succeed? Most certainly. This post will show you what affiliate marketing is and why it is vital to have plans in place. So, what is affiliate marketing all about?
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a business activity where an affiliate marketer can earn a commission on products that he or she promotes on behalf of another business, such as the merchant. But how do you go about doing this?
How do I do Affiliate Marketing?
An affiliate marketer chooses a niche that they love or are very passionate about; for instance, it could be a favourite camera. You will then select a host for your website and where you can learn more about affiliate marketing. There is plenty of platforms out there on the Internet, so before you choose, research and choose what best suits your needs. The one I decided after doing a great deal of research is called Wealthy Affiliate. You can read more about them here.
Once you have yourself set up, you will join an affiliate program with the products you wish to promote. Your role is to write blogs or articles to promote your niche, and you will then make a sale and earn a commission.
How do I know I have made a sale?
When you sign up to affiliate programs such as Amazon, you are provided with a code, and when you make a sale, your code is trackable through the affiliate link that you placed on your website. A customer will click on that link to go through and make a purchase through Amazon; you have made a sale.
When a sale is made at Amazon, they will notify you by email. Amazon will then start putting money into your account once you have made three consecutive sales.
Affiliates: Who are they?
An affiliate can be either an individual or a company. Affiliates are known as publishers who write rich content posts on their favourite niche product and publish them on their website or create YouTube videos, presentation or tutorials. Affiliates use a range of communication channels to promote their niche products; they could be
- Email Marketers
- Social Media Marketers
So how does Affiliate marketing work? Let me explain by showing you an Affiliate Marketing Business Model.
Affiliate Marketing Business Model
How does Affiliate Marketing work?
The Affiliate Marketing model involves four different groups
- Affiliate Marketer number 2 on the chart: is the person who writes a blog or review on their niche product and promotes it on their website, in return may earn a small commission on a sale.
- Product manufacturers, merchant, seller, and retailer are number 3, to name a few: that advertised the product. The affiliate promotes the product for them, and they get paid a small commission from an affiliate program such as Amazon.
- Networks of Affiliate Programs number 4, you have made a sale. ClickBank, ShareASale or Awin are popular affiliate networks to join, and they are the ones that manage the affiliate marketers and pays the affiliate marketers a small commission on their sale.
- Audience/customers/consumers are the end people who purchase the product through the affiliate website via an affiliate link.
So How do I get started as an Affiliate Marketer?
How to commence Affiliate Marketing
Now you understand how Affiliate Marketing works, and the next strategy is to get started by choosing your platform. Which one did you say?
When I first started, I completed my research on finding a platform; it took me some time as many promised quick get-rich schemes, which I was not interested in. Then I found Wealthy Affiliate. After I researched them, I chose Wealthy Affiliate because of several factors that I considered while setting my business.
What got me hooked was their Training Center because I knew if I were going to succeed in Affiliate Marketing, I would need help and support to succeed. Wealthy Affiliate University provides all the training, tools, support and community help for Entrepreneurs:
- Step by step instructions.
- Personal support
- Expert Training
- One-on-One private messaging
- Discussion such as online Chat
- Blog and personal profiles
- Jaaxy keyword tools
- WordPress website builder
- Niche Research
- Competition research
Choosing a platform to establish your website for your chosen niche is an essential part of your strategy. Establishing influence can be either in your desired niche such as finance, health, or animals, to name a few ideas that will assist in your decision and show your expertise. Will you make money?
Affiliate Disclosure: Some of the links on my website contain affiliate links, making a small commission on purchases at no extra cost to you. Thank you for taking an interest in my site and reading my posts. Click here to read my full disclosure.
Will I make money from Affiliate Marketing?
Making money as an Affiliate Marketer is one way to earn passive income. The amount you will reach will vary and is dependent on how much work you are willing to put into your new business.
Here is an example of me making money by promoting a particular brand of cameras.
Below is another way that explains how you can earn extra income
What is an Affiliate Marketing Strategy?
An affiliate may use many marketing strategies to drive internet traffic to their site and promote their niche product; they can write reviews, helpful information, tips and hints, YouTube channel, weekly newsletters or social media and generate sales.
Another strategy is to do some research on your chosen product through Google Trends. I have inserted below a graph of AeroGarden showing the trend and popularity of AeroGardens just before Christmas.
You can see how sales are steady before it spiked in sales and then starts to drop off after Christmas.
Now let’s compare AeroGarden to camera’s
Cameras seem to do well in sales according to Google trend, it quite surprising, considering many of us use our mobile phones. The figures show how steady until Nov 2020, then it climbs up again for Christmas and drops down in sales and remains steady. This is a good product to choose from for a market niche if you love cameras.
Now lets take a look at the trend for Affiliate Marketing.
The affiliate marketing graph shows a balanced upward climb. It has remained steady around the 75 marks and has climbed to the 100 marks around April 2021.
Therefore it’s important to do your research before deciding on your favourite niche. AeroGarden shows a climb just before special events, yet Affiliate marketing can remain steady without the high peaks and lows.
Will creating affiliate marketing strategies help me to promote my niche?
How creating Affiliate Marketing Strategies help your online business?
Creating Affiliate Marketing Strategies will help any online business to promote brand awareness and expertise in your chosen niche, including increasing website traffic by promoting the product on social media. Therefore, it is a critical process for your business by keeping you on track.
Creating strategies will help you as the business owner from losing direction on what you wish to achieve. Also, making a good affiliate marketing strategy will show your business’s performance, capabilities, and growth. So let’s get started.
Let’s get started in establishing affiliate marketing strategy, step by step
- Do you research
- Build your website through a platform such as Wealthy Affiliate
- Set up your niche brand: don’t forget to do Google Research on your favourite topic EG. Camera.
- Commence building your audience by researching: demographics, age, gender, location, education, profession, including their likes and dislikes, needs, taste.
- Begin developing as an authority on your chosen niche by writing a blog on rich content or reviewing your preferred brand. You can even do this through YouTube.
- Write and publish your quality content on product reviews, tutorials, or how-to videos. You must write your blog in your own words. Include a pain point that may help solve your audience problems. You can also include some honest reviews from customers.
- Staying up to date with Marketing trends through Google
- Joining an Affiliate Network and finding niche products that you wish to sell on your website using an affiliate link to add to your blogs, videos, etc. and promote the product.
- Earning your audience trust and engaging them is essential by attracting them as followers on your social media blog readers, YouTube subscribers, email subscribers, Pinterest followers, FaceBook followers or Instagram followers.
- Join like groups who have the same interests as yourself on Social Media
- Attract more sales by creating deals, coupons, and promotions, contests or giveaways
- Create a lead magnet that will collect email addresses for you. Some of the most popular lead magnets include free trials, access to a product, ebooks etc.
- Create a mouse pointer hover for a popup form
- Start promoting products that you love to use or if it is on your wish list. Next, find merchants that sell those products and contact them to ask are they running an affiliate program. Or you can search Google by entering the [product name + “affiliate program.”]
If you are a member of an affiliate program you can search on an affiliate network such as Awin or ClickBank.
Or you can search on the Wealthy Affiliate Platform. Using a keyword such as Camera. As you can see from doing this research, ClickBank has a network that also shows how much commission you could make and the link to the product website.
15. Add images
16. Hold a live webinar to interact with your audience by holding a course or tutorial
17. Email Marketing: collect email addresses from website visitors, stay connected with them by sending a newsletter, discounts, product coupons, new products,
18. Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising is one of the best-known strategies to help build your email list and drive traffic and get customers.
19. Promotional Offers such as Discounts and Deals; merchants will often give consent and provide you with trackable discount codes.
20. Generate a Resource Page for your website to showcase all your affiliate products
So there are plenty of strategies to get you started, and you will want to know the advantages.
Advantages of creating affiliate marketing strategies for your online business
- Build your reputation as an expert in your product or service
- low promotional cost
- more followers “broadens your audience.”
- increase traffic
- Being your boss allows flexible choice to work the hours working from home
- increase sales
Work from anywhere, even while on vacation.
Some popular affiliate networks
Are they any Affiliate Marketing pitfalls?
- No control over commissions,
- Some merchants may charge fees
- Lots of competition, dishonest merchants
- Low commission
- False advertisements can be misleading
- May be charged a fee from social media to increase traffic to your website
- Cookie Stuffing Fraudsters, hijackers
I’m sure there is plenty of more information on pitfalls to be aware of in affiliate marketing. However, affiliate marketing remains the number one best for making money online.
It’s important to research first and apply any security measures.
My final thoughts
You probably guessed it; planning your strategies takes a great deal of thinking and hard work. As an Affiliate Marketer, you must be honest when creating your reviews, as it helps to build trust and authority.
There are many more advantages of affiliate marketing strategies that will help drive traffic to your website and engage them there and hopefully take action, so you make a sale.
Remember, you may have to pay a fee to increase traffic to your website. Facebook is an example where they will help in driving traffic by advertising your business for a price.
If you think Affiliate marketing is a quick-rich scheme, then you’re wrong. It takes a great deal of effort and persistence to create quality content in your unique way, which will earn you your audience trust and sales pitch.
My reviews are based on my personal own experience and research. I never recommend poor quality products or create false reviews to make sales. I intend to explain products to make an informed decision on which ones suit your needs best. If you have any questions about this post’s content, please leave a comment below. I would love to hear what you think about the article.