There is a myth that affiliate marketing is a scam. But this is a widely held false belief all because unscrupulous persons created bad business through fraud or cons.
This type of scam is not fair to the honest individual who is trying to make ends meet. So, the ultimate guide to affiliate marketing a legit home-based business will help you create a legitimate business so you can earn that extra income.
The reality is you can earn extra income working from home, but you must work hard, be dedicated, have patience and continue to keep moving forward. Remember, affiliate marketing is more legit today than it was in the past.
What are the methods used that have given affiliate marketing a bad name?
- Scammers rip people off and make untrue claims about making money online
- You won’t find scammers on the first page of Google, but you will find them further down the line, waiting for you to connect with them
- YouTube contains many affiliate scams
- Display ads and pop-ups are the best places for scammers
Black hat methods of Affiliate Marketing
In the past, many honest affiliate marketers experienced the pain due to fraudsters using what is known as the “black hat” methods to achieve their goals. Such methods include:
- Cookie stuffing
- Black hat SEO
- Link farms
- Trademark infringement
Today, we are taught not to use black hat methods; otherwise, we could be penalised. We use the “white-hat” practices.
Guidelines for your home-based business in affiliate marketing
How to avoid your affiliate marketing website looking scammy?
As an affiliate marketer, the last thing you want to do is avoid creating a website that looks scammy; otherwise, you will lose authority and credibility. The perfect thing to do is to look for items on your site such as:
- Ads don’t have too many
- Stock images not showing as good quality
- Don’t have too many redirects
- Write original content in your own words, don’t copy from someone else
- Have plenty of white space, don’t have a cluttered look
- Create a pleasing look to the eye
Don’t make affiliate marketing a quick get rich quick scheme
After all, you will never become wealthy in affiliate marketing overnight. So, don’t imply. Yes, you can make extra income but don’t be unrealistic to your audience. As an affiliate marketer, you can earn 1% to 30% for sale. It varies between products and companies.
Never send people to affiliatemarketing websites where they have to pay for a membership.
Lead them to free programs or trials. Make sure you research a company before signing up to join a program.
Affiliate Marketing: Fake Stuff for sale
As an affiliate, our role is to promote products and services for other affiliate programs, but there are a lot of scammers out there who are false; this drags the name of affiliate marketing down to a harmful level. Many readers assume that these fraudulent programs are for real.
What does a scammer do that you should avoid doing?
- Don’t write up a catalogue full of products
- Never write fake customer reviews, be honest
- To promote your business, never hire phonies
- Be aware of too many positive reviews; no one or company is perfect; even the best services have negative comments.
- Ensure your images look realistic and not blurry; never copy pictures from other people’s websites without permission.
Always check to make sure the product you want to promote.
What is the White-hat method in Affiliate Marketing?
We are now seeing fantastic advancements in affiliate marketing today for affiliates. Some of the benefits include:
- Social media marketing
- Self-publishing tools such as Canva
- Campaign tracking
- More opportunities to promote niches.
What Type of Affiliate Marketing business do you want for your home-based business?
The choices are diverse and include:
- Write content or create media for a large organisation that has large networks and attracts thousands of visitors every day
- Niche topic affiliate writes comparisons, reviews or information on their chosen topic and compete with their competitors. As an affiliate, you would earn income from a sale.
- They are creating or promoting Apps in a partnership where the audience can purchase products or services. Such apps can be specific to a market niche such as shoes, beauty products, medical or alternative lifestyle living.
- What about bloggers or social media focused. As a blogger, you need to be original, organic and introduce products you use and like to your audience. Such examples include Cookery blogs, learning how to quilt or how to grow vegetables.
- Influencer, authoritarian leaders earn lots of money in affiliate marketing; Influencers have a strong following and audience. There are many affiliate marketing influencers on the Internet, where you can find more information about how they acquired success.
- As an affiliate, you could also look at partnership offers and promote workshops, courses and webinars.
- Private and public community groups are topically related and based on specific interests such as hobbies, parenting, language or wine groups, who work together and are like-minded.
- Ad affiliates use paid advertising traffic on their website. For instance:
- PPCV ads
- Contextual ads
- Social media channels
No matter what kind of affiliate marketer you want to be, you need to remember you are in it for the long term. So, some points include for high earning growth are
How does AffiliateMarketing work If it’s not a scam?
Affiliate marketing works on the business model that is a performance-based business. Where an affiliate earns a commission for a valid sale. But before you get this far, you will need to
- Set up a website
- Write reviews on products, guides and informational posts
- Create videos and set up a YouTube Channel
- Create an eCommerce website
- Join affiliate programs and insert banners and links into your posts
What’s are the best points of Affiliate Marketing
- Don’t have to stand at a counter and serve customers
- Store products are not required stored at home or in a shop
- Stocktake and inventories are not necessary
So, what you have to do to create a successful affiliate marketing business?
All you have to do is
- Choose a market niche
- Join a website platform
- Create a website
- Write a post
The type of post you can write includes product reviews, guides, or informational posts that will help solve a problem. Regardless of which one you choose, if you are writing a product review, you need to keep it within the guidelines of the affiliate program you have joined.
White hat methods are proving that affiliate marketing is becoming more popular every day for a home-based business. Yes, affiliate marketing is legit, it’s not a myth, it’s very real. So why not try one of the most reputable affiliate programs to help you get started today from the comfort of your home.
You may also like to read some of my other articles:
If you have any questions about this post’s content, please leave a comment below I would love to hear what you think about the article.