Making Money Online is a fantastic way to earn extra passive income as an affiliate marketer. Finding the best money-making program is the most challenging part of affiliate marketing.
I’ve compiled a review on which affiliate programs are the best for making monery online for you to choose from; included in the study is an outline of the different commissions you can earn and which affiliate marketing niche is the best for making money. We’ll also look at the pros and cons of the affiliate marketing programs, and I will show you my favourite platform to look after my website’s security.
Will I Need A Secure Web Hosting Platform?
Yes! What you will need to get started in the Affiliate Marketing Programs is a reliable web hosting platform. I have provided a short list because there are so many to choose from, and all promise secure web hosting. I have also provided links to my reviews…
Wealthy Affiliate review is a reliable and secure platform where you can manage your business online.
Bluehost provides everything to get you started
Wix provides an all-in-one platform
Hostinger provides help to their members in under 1 minute
Elementor for landing pages, eCommerce store and websites
What Is An Affiliate Program?
Associate Programs is another name for Affiliate Programs. They operate by using three parties:
- The customer
- Affiliate program
- The merchant
As an affiliate member, you would be paid commission on driving traffic to the affiliate program (Amazon) and earn income once a sale has been made.
How does an Affiliate Marketer join an Affiliate Program?
Once you have joined a web hosting platform like Wealthy Affiliate, you will be shown how to set up your website and create reviews and informational content and apply to one of the affiliate programs of your choice.
Here are two ways you can find affiliate programs.
When you sign up to Jaaxy you will see the search bar where you can enter your keyword. To the right of the screen, you will see Affiliate Programs such as ClickBank, Commission Junction, Link Share and Digital River.
When I did a keyword search, I could not find anything for the niche I had chosen, but you can do it in Google by typing your Niche + affiliate program. For example, I typed in AeroGardens+Affiliate Program.
When you are accepted into an Affiliate Marketing program, let’s say, for example, by Amazon, you will post links on your website so your visitors can purchase products that you have done a review on, and if the customer completes a purchase, you will earn a commission for that sale. The amount of commission you receive is set by the Affiliate program that you join.
How much commission will you receive?
Commission you will receive is set by the affiliate programs and greatly depends on the type of affiliate program you have chosen because there are three types of arrangements that can be made. Commissions are generally between 5 to 30 per cent.
Three types of commissions
- Pay-Per-Sale: Amazon is a classic example of paying commission for every sale made by a customer.
- Pay-Per-Click: This is based on the number of visitors who click on your link to go through to your merchant’s site
- Pay-Per-Lead: This is earned when an affiliate refers their visitor to fill out a form or provide information at the merchant’s website, which may be used as a sale or as a sales lead to another company. These three are the most often used, but there are also other types.
Other types of commissions
- Two-tier, which is similar to multilevel marketing or network marketing and as an affiliate, you will also receive a commission based on your activity on the merchant site.
- Residual Program: if you become an affiliate of this program, you can keep earning money from the visitor you have sent to the site. If your visitor continues to purchase goods or services, you will continue to receive a commission.
- Pay-Per-Impression, also known as Pay-Per-View, Paid on the number of visitors who see their banner ad
How much you will earn will significantly depend on the type of Affiliate program you choose for your niche or money-making marketing business.
Which is the best Affiliate Niche
The best affiliate niche is one that you are passionate about and can write lots of content on your topic. An affiliate niche is broken down into smaller areas. You may be interested in technology, for instance. However, technology is quite a broad niche, so you will need to break it down into sub-niches such as Communications, Medical, computers, Drones and more.
- Weight loss
- Digital Marketing
- Dating, love or relationships
- Pet Care
- Entertainment such as music or movies
Money Making Niche
There are many niches that you can choose from and find affiliate programs that will help you earn extra income on a range of niches in
- Saving Money
- Credit Card
- Personal Finance
- Saving Money Niches
Best Affiliate Marketing Programs
- Shopify referral program
- Fiverr Affiliates
- Amazon Associates
- CJ Affiliate
There are so many more on the Internet, but seriously I would pick one of the top ten.
The advantages of Affiliate Marketing Programs for Affiliates
- Earn commission on sales
- Drive more traffic to affiliate programs
- Access to statistics for your website on customer behaviour
- Earn additional income by advertising banners on your website
- Work from home for yourself
- Laptop, iPad or mobile phone lifestyle
- Available product codes to download into your website
The disadvantages of Affiliate Marketing Programs
- Affiliates could provide false and misleading information to get sales
- Some affiliates make claims and promises that are not true
- Merchants may close down and not pay commissions
- There are also hijackers that
- False advertising products
Don’t let the disadvantages deter you from doing affiliate marketing and applying for affiliate marketing programs. Doing your due diligence, it will help you to earn extra income.
My Favourite Webhosting platform
It took me a long time to find a trusted platform. I looked into many programs and found there was always something missing, but I wasn’t sure what at the time.
Assessing My Needs
I wanted to do affiliate marketing, and I had no idea how to get started, So I Iooked at my needs:
- A platform that would help me get started
- Education on how to do…
- Someone to talk to
- Ask questions regardless of how silly they sound
- Get answers
- Support structure
- Receive up-to-date information
- A platform that would help me look after my website
- Provide security from scammers and others that want to hurt me and my business
What I found
Finding a program took me two years to find something that would suited my needs. What I did find was lots of false promises, quick get rich schemes and salesy websites.
Then I found Wealthy Affiliate.
Wealthy Affiliate I ticked all my boxes. I found the best part was trying for seven days; I was sold after three days.
You can learn more from my review of Wealthy Affiliate
So, if you are like me, why not give it a go. 7 days free trial and no credit card.
My Final Opinion
Finding ways to earn extra income can be challenging and you need to invest time and energy into building your website on a trusted platform that fits your needs. Completing a due diligence on your needs is a step forward to finding the right platform. When you find the right secure website host you will then select the right niche and affiliate program. My advice is to start small and gradually continue to increase driving traffic through the links on your website.